Saturday 18 April 2020

Warrior Colour Testing

I've been having a little experiment with some mission models paint that I bought ages ago specifically for the Meng Husky. I decided to spray MMP-039 British sand yellow modern AFV on the turret and see what the colour looked like. Mixing the paint as per mission models guilde lines and using their thinner too I commenced spraying.

The paint went down really well and covered beautifully. It also dried silky smooth and looks very close to the shade of yellow used at the time. Also there is almost no unpleasant smell to the paint or thinner which is another big plus point. I think a few drops of white will do the trick and lighten it just enough to account for some fading and weathering, which I find always darkens the final colour especially on light coloured schemes. 




No comments:

Post a Comment