Wednesday 29 April 2020

M1 Abrams Even More Turret Work

The turret is now essentially done apart from antenna mounts, I'm waiting on some to arrive, and a spot of stowage which I'll sort out later. Lots of time was spent on the commander's cupola especially the .50 cal mount which needed some adjustments to get it level and solid. I changed the kit gun for a miniart offering as it had much better detail. The inside of the cupola hatch needed some tricky sanding due to another stupid ejector pin mark.  Finally the main gun barrel was glued into place and the coax machine gun went on as well. 

It's back to the hull now for the last few parts and a look at the side skirts. These are made up of six parts per side so I want to see if I can assemble them as one and then remove for painting. 






No comments:

Post a Comment