Sunday 26 April 2020

Abrams Turret

I've turned my attention to the turret now and have used some mr surfacer to add a slight bit of texture to it. My idea was to add a small amount of surface variation to simulate rolled steel or steel plate. By stippling on the surfacer then once dry sanding it back slightly it should leave some variations in surface level. I'll only do the turret as the hulls horizontal surfaces will get enough texture when I weather and add pigments. 

Th 105mm gun barrel has also been glued and sanded and again a sloppy fit is evident in the mantlet. The side stowage cage needs a hell of a lot of clean up and it's quite fragile but I managed to do it without breaking it. The smoke dischargers are OK but have an annoying sink mark right on the top which needs filling. I've also used some spare track to show you how they would have mounted spare tracks, this is very noticable in my reference pictures and alters the look of an essentially clean tank quite a lot.




   

No comments:

Post a Comment