Saturday 25 April 2020

M1 Abrams, Tracks Done, Now Some Fun

That's the second run of track done now thank goodness, you can see the amount of sink marks that needed to be filled and sanded on it. Now I can get on with the fun stuff and start adding parts to the hull & turret. On the hull some punched out plastic discs have been used to add some bolt detail to the many hinges on the engine deck & the etched screens have been fitted.

There is not that much more to add to the hull so I'll have a look at the sides skirts later and see how they look and fit, they are separate pieces by the way. The turret has been glued together and the gun mantlet is a very loose fit. Once I've cleaned up the turret I'll glue it in a suitable position. The turret fits onto the hull via three clip type fixings on the turret ring, this means once in place it would be a bugger to remove so I just snipped them off.





No comments:

Post a Comment