The weathering has progressed well with some grime and staining added to the lower portions and chassis followed by a light dust wash before matt varnish. As usual I used VMS varnish and also sprayed the rubber tyres which helps knock down any residual shine from them. This also gives a nice key for pigments and further weathering too.
I'll now let the varnish fully cure for a couple of days which gives me some time to start work on a base for the model and have a rummage through the stash for my next project!
Talking of stashes I've also added yet again to mine in the form of a very nice T 72 from Meng as well as a naked metal barrel and some crew figures. I've been toying with the idea of building a Syrian conflict diorama so thought that the kit would be perfect for the setting I have in mind. Suitably beaten up with those figures added and a nice urban base with plenty of destruction in evidence should scratch that itch of an idea for me.