Thursday 16 April 2020

Scout Car Weathering Begins

I've now started weathering the model by first adding some very subtle paint chipping using a fine brush around areas such as the doors and interior. This was followed by a very light filter using thinned MIG neutral wash. Once dry I've now added a couple of pin washes using black & raw umber oil paints mixed to get a dark tone. This has been flowed around all the bolts, rivets and interior. The effect is again quite subtle.  

Perhaps a further wash or two may go on before the next stage. I'm seriously thinking about using the AK weathering pencils to add more effects on this for a change too. This means I'll need to matt coat before doing so as the pencils work best on a matt surface. I'm not planning on going overboard with the weathering mind you, just some subtle streaking and the odd spot of rust.






No comments:

Post a Comment