Tuesday 7 April 2020

M3A1 Scout Car

The model is now ready for primer after adding a few more small parts and sorting out a bit of stowage for it. Certainly a quick and easy build as it's only taken three days to complete. Yesterday I built the figures and must say they are the best I've seen in plastic. The fit was perfect and they actually fit as they are shown in the instructions in the model. 

I also really like the plastic used and the detail on each figure is very nice. I particularly like the .50 gunners pose and the fact his jacket sleeves have rode up whilst gripping the gun. I'm not usually a fan of action poses on figures but these really do convey a sense of movement and action very convincingly. Now the model is off for a wash now before primer it's back to the warrior and my attempt to sculpt some figures.












2 comments:

  1. The M3A1 looks a superb little kit Pete, & like all modern Tamiya kits a builder's dream. Poses of the figures are excellent too, not even any Hornet heads needed! The only one I'd have a slight issue with though is the officer figure, seems a bit pointless for him to be brandishing a pistol when there's a .50 Browning being fired right next to his head! But I guess Tamiya figured it would be best to have him doing something dynamic whilst all the other figures are in combat poses - maybe a good compromise would have been to have him firing or reloading a PPSH-41 SMG?

    ReplyDelete