Sunday, 8 March 2015

Dragon Saladin Mk2 Turret Bin

Well I never got around to working on the drivers hatch yesterday as I got distracted by the turret. Thanks to Brian S who kindly sourced me some suitable mesh and some "L" shaped plastic for the frame I went ahead and built up the turret bin seen on some Aden sally's. By a combination of careful study of my refs and a rough drawing I worked out the dimensions of the bin and cut the plastic accordingly. As you can see the bin's flipping huge and really alters the look of the vehicle. 

I'm very pleased with the result and it will look good with some kit stowed inside later on. I also changed the position of the turret search light and made a new mount from Brian's donated "L" shaped plastic as the kit supplied part is wrong. Some work was also done on the drivers position and here I added some plastic card to replicate the front plate missing on the kit and get the rounded corners of the plate as opposed to the straight ones on the model.

No comments:

Post a Comment