Monday, 9 March 2015

Dragon Saladin Mk 2 Drivers & Turret Hatches

I've finally got round to doing the drivers hatch and here I used a mixture of plastic, lead wire and some old verlinden spring to make up the various fittings. I'm pleased with the result, much better than I expected, thank god for optivisors I say! 

The turret hatches are also complete and here I added the raised lip around the edge of each hatch and one around the turret openings as these are missing from the kit. I'll give them a light sanding and then blend in with some Mr surfacer. I'm a bit miffed with the aerial mounts though, they look fine BUT dragon only supply you with two! That's a pain if like me you want to add all four. So I have to rob a couple from a suitable kit in the stash (if I have one) or cast a couple as I really want all four stations fitted on the model.  

It's now getting tantalisingly close to the end of the build with just the canvas cover on the gun barrel, tow ropes and stowage to sort out. 


  1. Hi Pete, as I always say I do not mean to modern armored cars or tanks, but I see the excellent construction with many pieces in scratch, to me you're doing a great job.
    Best Regards

  2. Hi Pete ! You make a stuning job with this Saladin. The turret's basket is huuuuuge !!!
    I stay tuned to follow your next posts.