Tuesday 24 March 2020

Warrior Hull Work

The hull is now mostly finished after adding a few more details such as the tool holder, camo pole supports and the drivers hatch. I've also fitted the side armour at this stage instead of after painting as the armour needed to be slightly moved forwards. This meant that the locating tabs where removed so the wheels and tracks went on before adding the side armour. 

Not my usual method of building kits with side skirts or add on armour but a strong bond was needed. Painting the lower portions will not really be a problem as most of it will be covered in dust and weathering later anyway. I've also carefully removed the hull bin on the drivers side as I discovered that these were removed and sometimes mounted on the side of the hull. Probably because once the side armour was fitted the bin could not be opened easily. 







2 comments:

  1. Sweet build, Pete. All that photoetch driving you nuts yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not yet Chris! I've only used what I thought was needed and left the silly stuff alone!

    ReplyDelete