Sunday 1 March 2020

Lince Details

Today I've cracked on with the build adding some improvements along the way. First I made up a new air intake for the snorkel using plastic rod & strip. It's much better than the kit part as you can see and looks rather good in place. Next the winch had a few bolts added and then the kit supplied thread which is very nice indeed. I altered the hook as well to match my refs.

The bull bar on the front had some etched mesh from the spares box added which is better than the mesh you get in the kit. Next I sanded down the soft bolt details on the front window, roof and doors and replaced with punched out discs for better definition. The doors have also been glued on at this stage too. 








2 comments:

  1. Looks pretty impressive so far, Pete - it just goes to show what can be done to improve most kits without the addition of a custom photoetch update set, which usually incurs extra cost.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Chris I think this is the stage of building I enjoy the most adding all the little details and improving stuff. Good old fashioned modelling too.

    ReplyDelete