Wednesday 18 March 2020

Next Project Academy Warrior

With the Lince just waiting on wheels and the sherman finished it's time to get the next project going. For this I've decided to build a warrior from the first gulf war, Op Granby. The kit is the 2003 version but the only difference from it and the original release is a few accessories and different markings. I'm going to attempt to build a vehicle used by the Staffordshire regiment during the conflict and specifically a warrior fitted with the Milan ATGM system on the turret.

Pictures of these particular warriors are pretty scarce but I've found a few to work from so I think I know what the mount for the milan looked like and more importantly the height of it. So I've been going through the stash gathering all the bits I'll need for the build as well as deciding what I need to order from accurate armour. I definitely need some of their milan storage boxes and probably some bergans as I've only got two left. I've also got a bit of reading to do after perusing my library!







As the corona virus takes hold of the country I'm glad I can stay safe in the cave, after all it's what we as modellers are used to!


No comments:

Post a Comment