Friday 27 March 2020

Warrior Turret Milan ATGM

The last couple of days has seen me working on the milan and mount for the turret. After looking at what few pictures I had and applying a bit of thought to how it may have been mounted I've come up with a feasible solution. Because I have no clear pictures or info on the mounting this is my best guess. I did try a couple of ideas but this one seemed the best so I went with it. 

Brass tubing was used to make the mount which is adjustable so I can tweak the height of the milan later on. I used an accurate armour milan which needed a lot of work to get it up to scratch. I also had to make up a round because the resin ones where molded very badly with a big casting flaw at the rear of each tube. Aluminum tubing and plastic card soon sorted out a better one. Likewise the rails on the launcher body where unusable so plastic rod was used to make a new one.  

So that's now the main construction complete, next I'll work on stowage adding what I can now before primer & paint.








1 comment:

  1. Hi Pete, it is a very good idea to make changes to enhance it. very good work

    ReplyDelete