Saturday 4 January 2020

M4A3E2 Begins

Work got underway on this last night so here is the progress I've made as of this afternoon. So far nothing difficult to tackle and the suspension parts are just loosely fitted at the moment just so I could get a feel for the finished model. I do like the grousers on the tracks which give it a very different look and that big chunky turret. 

I'll now start adding some extra texture here and there as well as a few improvements too. The turret join seam does need a bit of blending in but as I will be texturing the whole turret with Mr surfacer it's not a difficult task. 




2 comments:

  1. Hello Pete,

    First of all, I just want to say something I have been meaning to say for years. I discovered your blog a long time ago, and since then, I have been lurking and enjoying your projects immensely. Your style and technique strike a perfect balance between out-of-the-box and over-the-top. Most importantly, you actually finish projects, something I have been struggling to do for the past twenty years or more. Anyway, thank you for the inspiration, and I look forward to seeing what you will be up to next.

    Funnily enough, the last tank I actually finished was the one you are building now - embarrassingly, it was when it was fairly "new" and certainly the only game in town. Though it is not as good as the newer kits of the Jumbo, I still feel it builds up well. The one exception is the transmission cover, which on the real Jumbo was much beefier than the standard Sherman transmission cover. I apologize if you were already aware of this, or had plans in mind to address the issue, just thought you might want to know now, rather than once it is impossible to fix.

    Cheers!

    Joe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Joe for your comments it means a lot. As for the transmission yes I was aware of the thicker one on these tanks but I thought with some stowage on the upper portion and mud build up below I might just get away with it!

    ReplyDelete