Monday 13 January 2020

Diopark Truck

More on the truck now and I've been working on the rocket launchers and the mounting frame. You get two types of front cone in the box, one with some rockets loaded and one without as well as two types of rear cowling. I found it tricky to form correctly as I've never attempted anything like this before but managed to get it circular without too much trouble. I'm going to attempt to solder the cowling together as well for a stronger joint and also because I will need to finish rounding off of rear portion of the cowling once done for a good fit.

Not much more to work on now so it's getting very close to primer already! Due to the compact size of the model I can make up a nice little dio for it without taking up much space. I'll be using some of the Red Zebra Models stuff I have as well as their nice concrete block wall and one of their figures to go with the scene. 






2 comments:

  1. Going to have to slow down on this one Pete, or you'll have it finished/painted/weathered/mounted on a base by the weekend! Seriously though, another nice job - some of the photoetch looks superb, the sort of detailing which PE was made for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I know Chris I'm on a bit of a roll all of a sudden!

    ReplyDelete