Wednesday 29 January 2020

Diopark Truck Pigments & Finished!

I've been having so much fun adding the pigments to the model I actually finished the final weathering in a day. I was so engrossed and enjoying it I just couldn't stop! Starting off with the chassis and undersides the VMS sand was used and this was blended in with a soft brush. Next the cab and rear bed sides received the same treatment including some streaking on the doors which worked really well.

I then fitted the glazing and came across the only iffy part in the kit. The windscreen was not the best fit but with a bit of touching up on the rubbers with flat black and a dusting of pigments it came out fine. The cargo bed was next followed by the rocket frame and mounts. I then used some VMS soot pigment to add some effects to the pods themselves and finished off with some fuel staining around the fuel tank filler. 

I'm very pleased with how the model turned out and with the kit itself. I can now start work on a nice little diorama to set the model off nicely.














2 comments:

  1. Looks a beauty, Pete - especially the dusty weathering on the chassis areas of the truck.

    ReplyDelete