Thursday 30 January 2020

Basework Begins

The base for the truck has now been started and here I've used my usual Ikea picture frame and foam board to build up the base. I then started work on the Red Zebra block wall sections. The rear of these sections is just plain plaster so I marked out the block pattern and then scored the mortar lines. The smaller section was also attacked to show a partially destroyed wall. I then added some plaster on the rears to show a bit of rendering. 

Next some plaster was mixed up with a good dollop of VMS pva resin adhesive and a splash of yellow paint. This was then smoothed over the base and once almost dry fine sand was added and the plaster shaped using my fingers. The wall sections where then pressed into the groundwork.

Finally today some rubble was added again using Red Zebra rubble mix which is really good having a varied selection of bricks, blocks and concrete pieces as well as fine scatter and rebar. Everything then got a good dose of VMS sand & ballast freeze.  






No comments:

Post a Comment