Monday 30 September 2019

Tamiya Marder 1A2

Not hanging about at all I've been working on this during the final stages of the leopard. It's the old but reasonable tamiya marder 1A2, when I say old the date stamp in the hull is 1977! However this particular kit has a new sprue with the milan and associated parts included and glueable plastic tracks. I also have an eduard etch set and RB barrel to improve things.

The kit is basically sound with some areas needing work but a good replica can be produced with a small amount of care. Already I've started improvements  and got it on it's wheels. My plan for finishing this one will be a heavily scrimmed up vehicle with plenty of mud. This means I can happily add the wheels and tracks before painting which will enable me to get the side skirts fitted before the main paintwork goes on. 

As most of the lower hull is hidden by these a good splodge of mud etc around the running gear and a spray of earth tones should be all I need to do. Oh and a lot of pigments! 

   








No comments:

Post a Comment