Tuesday 10 September 2019

Takom FV432 Mud, Dust & Tracks

Last night's entertainment consisted of a session of spraying using heavily thinned tamiya flat earth & buff around the lower hull, wheels & tracks which turned out to be the easy bit. This was followed by a bit of a fight to get the tracks in place. For some reason they just wanted to break at the most critical moment, usually when I was trying to get the top return rollers in place! CA came to the rescue to give any weak links some strength and after a few choice words I finally got the buggers in place!

I will finish off with the bare minimum of pigments on the lower & upper hull areas as I'm not looking for a really dirty vehicle. This will be followed by some fuel and oil staining before fixing on to the base.







3 comments:

  1. Looking good despite your track joint glitches Pete, you still managed to get the slight sag between the 2 return rollers which is always characteristic of 432s.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chris, the track sag is all down to the track jig Takom supply in the kit but I'll take the compliment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll remember that when I get round to building mine......

    ReplyDelete