Monday 9 September 2019

Belgian Leopard More Paintwork

Today I've started to add some paint fading to the leopard. I decided to try tamiya XF-15 flat flesh for this as I thought adding more yellow would change the basic khaki colour too much and white would have made it too chalky in tone. As luck would have it the flesh worked really well adding some nice subtle highlighted areas without altering the basic colour too much. I will be adding a couple of lighter shades later on as well.

The gun barrel has also as you can see had yellow bands sprayed on before the main colour went on. With the masking tape now off it adds another nice splash of colour to the model. 





I've also gone ahead and primed the hull. The tow ropes should be here by Thursday and the primer needs to cure for a couple of days so I can just blow them in once fitted. I always like to get them on before priming & main colour if possible. I've sprayed the exhaust grills & engine grill with black primer as too.



4 comments:

  1. Nice job Pete - the 3 yellow bore evacuator bands set the turret contrast off nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chris , it does look different doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coming aong nicely... Looking forward to see the finel result. Have you considered a crew member?

    Marc

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Marc, yes I'm trying to find a suitable commander figure at the moment.

    ReplyDelete