Sunday 20 January 2019

Humvee More Base Work

Yesterday I worked on the humvee base after adding some fence posts made using some plastic square stock and fixing in place on Friday. Firstly I painted the bank just using a brush and tamiya flat earth, no need to spray here so no masking as well which speeds things up slightly. Next a quick bit of masking and spraying for the white line.

I then ground up some cat litter and scattered this around the edges of the tarmac & fixed into place with VMS sand & ballast freeze. This was followed by a couple of washes using oils. More will follow to build up the effects on the bank and road. With the fence test fitted I now have a good idea on how much rubbish and junk I can get behind the fence as well.

For foliage on this base I'm just going to use grass tufts and some small plants and bushes I've got instead of static grass. As I want a neglected bit of ground not a field of similar, also there will be lots of crap lying about as well.







No comments:

Post a Comment