Friday 18 January 2019

Humvee Base Work & Crocodile Detail Painting

The main groundwork for the humvee base is now done and here I used VMS smart mud XL. Much easier to use and shape than a plaster mix on slopes and being coloured helps stop any annoying white areas show up later on. In fact smart mud is quickly becoming my favourite method of adding terrain to my bases. The road surface was then added using the AK interactive terrains asphalt. It was really easy to use and more importantly to smooth the surface to a good uniform thickness.

Now it's dry the surface has a very fine texture and a really nice colour, just like a real road strangely enough! Next I need to decide on the fence location, I'm thinking on the top of the slope at the moment and probably chain link too. 








The Churchill has also had a bit done on it in the form of most of the detail painting. I also did a little bit more experimenting regarding adding highlights to the main colour and found that tamiya XF-23 light blue did actually lighten the base colour. So I sprayed a very small amount onto the model just to add a little bit of variation.






No comments:

Post a Comment