Thursday 17 January 2019

Humvee Base Work

I've now started working on the base and I'm using one of those deep picture frames which I found in a shop called "the range". I've just turned it upside down and used foam board, cork sheet and polystyrene to make up the basic ground work. I'm thinking of adding a fence to the bank and then adding lots of rubbish against it. 

Brian has told me that when he was in Kosovo rubbish was very much in evidence everywhere. In fact he said dead dogs where also a sad feature of the environment at that time. I won't add a dead mutt but I can certainly add lots of rubbish! The cork sheet will become tarmac so I've got a couple of products to try for that. AK terrains asphalt & puddles should fit the bill nicely. I'll add a couple of pot holes too I think. 





3 comments:

  1. Pete,
    I can remember a colleague at a previous location telling me he went on one of the early deployments to Kosovo, & the hotel he stayed in was next door to a hospital, which had a rubbish skip full of medical waste including amputated limbs outside in the street!
    Model that? No, I don't think so......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes all pretty grim at the time there Chris!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never went myself, but I do know a few people who made some serious cash out of it!

    ReplyDelete