Wednesday 29 August 2018

Bulldog Base & Figure Work & Special Guest Part 2

Moving onto the base and figure now and I've finished off the figure for the bulldog. Although he's not entirely correct He'll have to do I think, at least for now. The base building has progressed well and is now all done. I think it makes a very attractive backdrop to the scene. I had a slight problem when removing the masking tape from the base, it lifted off the lacquer and paint on the corners. 

This is probably due to the length of time the tape was on and also because I didn't use low tac tape. My own fault so once repaired the base will have a matt finish instead of a gloss one. I'll have to finish off the repair now before final pigment weathering, annoying but there you go.








Onto our special guest now and it's Brian's monster M75 again. Now in full colour he's almost ready for weathering. For the main colour he used tamiya XF 51 khaki drab which once sprayed on is a perfect match for the early Belgian colour. I must say it looks awesome and I'll certainly be using that colour on my next early Belgian subject.


No comments:

Post a Comment