Wednesday 15 August 2018

Belgian AIFV & Leopard In Primer

I've now finished up the commanders & milan stations on the model plus a few more tweaks. The commanders hatch was pretty easy to put together with only a bit of plastic card, bolts and the smallest chain I could find needed to detail it. A suitable .50 cal will be added later when I buy one! 

For the milan  I used the kit supplied item in the end as it more closely matched my references. Also as I wanted to depict one used in training I fashioned a drill round using some aluminium tube. This will eventually be painted a nice bright blue. Now all that's left to do is add the netting and scrim along the sides of the model.









I've also managed to get the leopard in primer and will hopefully get some colour on this weekend.


2 comments:

  1. Amaizing work on this poorly detailed model of AFV Club. Did you used photoetched chains for the smoke launchers ? I try to find so small chains for my current model (an AMX 30 BRENNUS) Maybe I will try to make home made chains with very fine copper wire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Alain, yes I used some chains I found on an old etched fret, the smallest I could find.

    ReplyDelete