I've now finally returned to the chieftain build and have added almost all of the mud & dust weathering to the lower hull. As usual VMS pigments have been used both dry and as a slurry using plain old tap water. I've used EU light earth No1 cool and warm tones and EU dark earth A fine.
For oil stains I've used some new vallejo weathering effects oil stains which worked really well. I like the fact this is acrylic based so it's easy to clean up or remove mistakes. The spattering was achieved with a stiff brush flicked over the model with my finger, again using all three pigment tones to get some depth.
I can now move onto the turret and hopefully get this finished up before the IPMS Avon show this Sunday.