Sunday 12 August 2018

AIFV Adding Detail

I'm now at the stage where I can start to add the details and enhance, scratch & alter stuff. First the etch sheet included in this kit is only good for the engine screens and then only with a bit of adjustment. The rest is only fit for the bin. Nothing fits and the brass is a bugger to shape even after heating it up. The rear roof hatch bump stops didn't even look remotely like they should once formed! Also the rear jerry can holders are absolutely useless, luckily I have a couple of eduard holders spare.

I've also removed all the tool mounting holes on the kit as all the refs I've seen show these vehicles without any tools in place. Progress should be much quicker now with only the resin commanders station looking slightly tricky to assemble. 






I'm struggling to find any suitable figures for this one at the moment. I usually use US tank crew and convert accordingly to Belgian army details but have used up all my stash of old Verlinden ones. Of course the set I usually use, US tank crew 1980's No 133 is now almost impossible to source so the search continues.

We really do need some more cold war era figures from someone as there is a distinct lack of choice in this area. 

No comments:

Post a Comment