Wednesday 22 August 2018

Belgian AIFV & Special Guest!

More on the AIFV now and I started by spraying the camo netting using tamiya XF-26 with a few drops of XF-13. Next the brown went on using XF-52 with a few drops of XF-68. This was followed up by more lighter tones of the base colour which also helped hide any over spray from the netting. I think I used about 4 subsequent lighter shades here. Once complete the shading adds a bit of depth to the monotone colour and starts the weathering process by adding shadows and highlights.







Also as a special treat for you all here's Brian's Retrokits resin M75. This is also being built for Belgium and will be in Belgian colours. This is an amazing looking model although not without some testing and challenging aspects to construction as Brian's sanity can vouch for, (something I've been wondering about for years!). I did question him regarding the speed of the build, it's only taken him two weeks so far. Not his usual 6 to 12 months gestation period!! Most unlike him I must say. 

This will look ace in Belgian colours I think and is another fitting homage to our hosts at Plastic & Steel. I just can't believe he will have it finished by then, what's happened to him?




No comments:

Post a Comment