Tuesday 9 February 2021

Comet In Primer & Type 16 Matt Varnish

I managed to get the comet in primer last night after a wash in soapy water to remove any dust and grease. This will now cure for a couple of days before moving onto main painting.




Whilst I had the airbrush running I finished off the weathering on the type 16 using heavily thinned tamiya buff to add some dust effects to the hull and wheels. This was followed by matt varnish and after an hour or so I removed all the masks from the glazing & lights. I find that the sooner this is done the easier they come off. As sometimes if you leave them on the matt coat fully cures and it's difficult to remove them without damaging the finish.

Very happy with the look of the model with perhaps only a small bit of spatter and possibly pigments to add later. Again I'll leave this for a few days to fully cure.









No comments:

Post a Comment