Saturday 30 September 2017

Trumpeter JGSDF Type 96 WAPC Project Complete

Today I've finished off the base and can call this project finished. I started by lightly spraying the trees with matt varnish to help hold the leaves on. Then I used various vallejo paints and painted lots of different colours on them to add more contrast to each tree. The base was then sprayed with tamiya flat earth & buff followed by a grass colour. All the weeds and plants were then picked out and the poles sprayed red & white. A further selective spraying of buff went onto the base to blend all the elements together.

I'm really pleased with the final base as I think it really sets off the model well.The blocky sci-fi look of the model is also something I like & the kit was very easy to build and great fun to paint. So another one for the display cabinet and another new model to take to Belgium in a couple of weeks.
















No comments:

Post a Comment