Friday 29 September 2017

Type 96 Base Building

The base is coming along nicely with the vegetation now sorted out. After adding plaster then fine sand and some fine gravel the base was allowed to dry overnight. I then sorted out some nice seafoam pieces and used spray mount and Joefix studio's fine green leaves & fine hedge leaves to cover them. I like this stuff as it's in scale and the colours are very close to what I am looking for.

Today I've carved lots of weeds and plants using stretched sprue. Long static grass was then added to the base followed by a few grass turfs and the weeds and plants added to the scene. The white poles are something I've seen in pictures of Japanese training areas, they are usually red and white striped poles and seem to be placed at junctions. 

With the model on the base I think the scene works well. Once everything has cured I'll start the painting.










No comments:

Post a Comment