Work has now started on the Somua colour scheme after a coat of primer and here I started with some pre-shading using flat black. I've started spraying the lightest colour first which in this case is tamiya XF-21 sky. I've then added some white to this and then went back over those areas to give some highlights and variation in tone.
The top cupola was then masked with silly putty and XF-23 light blue was applied. I'm using the suggested tamiya colours on the model all be it slightly darkened or lightened as I go. All the colours will get the highlighting treatment for some variation. So far it's looking good although this will be quite a masking marathon!