Friday 17 December 2021

Tis The Season..........

Yes it's time for the festive message & round up of the year. Again a pretty poor one for modelling shows with Stonehenge modellers only attending two shows, Avon & Yeovil. However they where both excellent and in a way made up for the lack of shows we usually attend. The biggest blow was having yet again to cancel our Belgium trip in October, not least as it's a great social event for us but also it's just so much fun. Fingers & toes crossed we make it next year.

On the bench I managed to finish nine builds this year and that's with a serious loss of mojo during the last few months. The Comet & AMX-30 are the stand out builds for the year, I thoroughly enjoyed them. Next year I'm planning on changing my diorama bases which will involve utilising foam board. 

I want to try and make more distinct bases that will be custom made to each individual model instead of relying on picture frames and their limited sizes. This will also help with my current display issues and hopefully free up more space in the cabinets. I'm also thinking very seriously about recording my builds and posting them on youtube. Still some research into this but the idea is forming!

Work wise it's again been a busy year and also an interesting one with plenty of opportunities to watch the British army in action & enjoy the fantastic wildlife & scenery on Salisbury plain.

So I wish you all a great Christmas and thanks for all your kind comments over the year. I hope you've enjoyed the blog and my witterings! Finally I'll leave you with Dita in suitable festive garb, enjoy!





1 comment:

  1. "I hope you've enjoyed the blog and my witterings!" I do enjoy the blog; checking for updates almost every day. Although I rarely do tanks, we seem to have similar taste in model subjects. As I mentioned before, I've also built a lot of the models you have built - sometimes you build one I've already built.

    Merry Christmas to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete