Friday 10 December 2021

Challenger 2 Upper Hull

I've now got the upper hull on the model after a bit of fettling as the fit was slightly off. I had to gently clamp the front section as the lower hull seemed to be a bit warped. Once it was fully cured the joins where lightly sanded before a bit of Mr surfacer was used to blend it in with the sides.

Next I've started on adding some details beginning with some brackets on the hull sides. On the kit they are just solid strips so I carefully shaved each one off before adding two tiny blocks of plastic card then glued the shaved bracket face back onto these. Looks much better I think. 

I've also removed the very weedy looking breather pipes and replaced with plastic rod, again this looks miles better. Finally the front and rear hull sections are having some work done. On the rear I've plugged the location points for the spare track links as they are very rarely seen in place, at least on Salisbury Plain. 






   

No comments:

Post a Comment