Monday 27 December 2021

Challenger 2 Final Tweaks

I've now finished the final details for the model and have worked on the loaders GPMG giving it a blank firing attachment and a better ammo box and mount using a accurate armour box and plastic strip. I also added more masking tape under the gun mantlet to hide a big gap, the real turret has a type of cover here so that worked out well. I've also tweaked the side skirts and have added a strip of plastic card on the rear section. As I plan on this section being mounted in the raised position I was not entirely happy just fixing it to the hull. 

On the real vehicle there is a thin strip of metal running along the entire side of the hull above the skirts and mounting points so this thin strip at least gives the impression it's there. Likewise I thinned the top edge of the centre skirts down slightly as it looked too wide. A small detail I know but one I wanted to sort out.  

So with everything now done bar the antennas I've looked at crew figures and yes you've guessed it will probably have to adapt some existing ones to suit. I've got the nice miniart British AFV crew but they are only wearing the tank coveralls and no body armour. Almost every tank I've seen at work has the crew wearing the Virtus body armour especially on exercise and as all available figures of modern British crew figures have osprey armour or none at all I will need to get the magic sculpt out! 









No comments:

Post a Comment