Friday 17 December 2021

Challenger 2 Tow Ropes & Front End

Making my way to the front of the model I've now added the tow ropes replacing the kit string with 0.90mm copper wire. I always find adding certain types of tow rope during the construction far easier than trying to add them once the model is painted. I can still mask off easily enough as the ropes are not fixed to the three holders along each hull side.



Onto the front of the hull now and here I've added some conduit to the light using lead wire and lead sheet for the retaining clips. I like the fact that the fire extinguishers are molded with a hessian covering them, something very common on these tanks that I've seen in my day job. 

I've also experimented with new front mud flaps as the kit ones are overly thick. So I've doubled over some tamiya type tape and then glued to the front. Once cut to shape some plastic card and punched bolts finish it off nicely. I think it looks much better than the kit part.







  

No comments:

Post a Comment