Sunday 5 December 2021

Chally 2 Begins!

Made a start this afternoon with the lower hull. This is made up of four parts which fit reasonably well. Some flash is evident and I needed to trim the location tabs on the rear plate slightly as it was too tight. 


The central spar in the hull is a locator for the swinging arms and gives a good positive fit. Each swinging arm has a small tab which fits into a slot on the hull which ensures they all line up. I decided to remove these tabs which makes the suspension workable. Hopefully this will help later on as I want to show a fully warmed up suspension system and I can adjust to suit. 

The wheels look great and I do like the face they have the torque indicators as well. I'll beat these up later with some nicks and dents in the rubber running surfaces.




A quick test fit of the upper hull and I have a slight bit of spay on the front sides around the drivers station and the front hull joint is slightly proud. Nothing some clamping and filling won't solve later on.





No comments:

Post a Comment