Friday, 18 May 2018

ASLAV-PC Further Work

I've now fitted all the lights, removed the masks on the periscopes and painted the indicators. I also added two strip lights above the main headlights using some square clear sprue which I stretched over a candle. Also at this stage I went ahead and fitted the wheels. Due to the sloppy fit of the rubber tyres I decided to see if I could glue them on to the hubs.

I tried VMS flexy 5K CA and to my surprise found that it held the tyres in place with ease. A bit of fine tuning was needed to get the wheels lined up too. The figures have also been test fitted and I'm very pleased with how they look on the model. I will now start the final weathering using a combination of good old tamiya buff and pigments.

No comments:

Post a Comment