Monday 14 December 2020

Greek Gecko More Camo Painting & Decals

Work has continued on the gecko with the black & grey sections hand painted using mixes of vallejo colours. Once happy with the look I then painted the two tools on the rear & the exhaust shroud before spraying a gloss coat to seal everything in. I then masked up the windows and sprayed a rubber colour before picking out the frame in the camo colours on the left hand window. 

More detail painting was then finished off with the tow rope, rear lights and windscreen wipers sorted out. The window masking on the hull was then removed before painting the inner edges which will ensure no bare plastic is visible once the windows are installed.

Lastly most of the decals have gone on and here I have used the excellent generic Greek decal set from LM Decals. I still need to add registration codes and small Greek crosses to the hull but I will have to wait until a new set arrives from Greece as I don't have enough numbers on my sheet. 









2 comments:

  1. That's an impressive-looking vehicle, Pete. I remember when I worked at Duxford in the 1990s, one of these arrived from the former Warsaw Pact countries; even in its plain Soviet green it was a hell of a beast.

    ReplyDelete