Saturday 26 December 2020

Dora painting Time

Well I'm making good progress on the model and have now sprayed the camo colours on. I started off with a dark grey pre shade then sprayed the tail bands using tamiya red & yellow. The kit does have this as a decal but I always find it's quicker and easier to just paint these. Next I mixed up some RLM 76 light blue using tamiya colours and sprayed this lightly on the undersides and fuselage sides. Eventually with light coats some of the grey shows through which gives some depth to the final colour. 

Then I added white to the blue and sprayed in a mottled pattern to add some highlights. RLM 75 grey violet was mixed up next and sprayed in a similar manner before finishing off with RLM 83. I used XF 61 dark green for this with a good slug of Xf 15 flat flesh for good measure. Once happy with the pattern I then went back over with the light blue tidying up the edges and any overspray.

I'm a bit rusty when it comes to painting camo on aircraft but I'm happy with the results. The model will now cure for a day or so before gloss varnish goes on. 








   

 

No comments:

Post a Comment