Friday 11 December 2020

Greek Gecko Primer & Paint

The model has had a good coat of primer which I left to cure for three days. It really popped all the detail on the model as well.

This morning I've dived straight into spraying the model with a selection of green tones. One interesting fact is that the Greeks did not repaint the launcher & radar assemblies but left them in the original Russian green. So I mixed up a rough green using gunze & tamiya colours then sprayed the various sub assemblies. 

This was then followed by some fading by adding tamiya flat flesh to the green. The arrays on the front where then masked and gunze H27 tan was sprayed on. This is a perfect colour for these as well. Finally the missile boxes where sprayed with tamiya XF 61 dark green. 





Finally I sprayed the main body using gunze H309. I'm not too sure that the colour is quite right having only limited references, perhaps H64 would have been a better bet but I'm out of that. I'll see how it looks once the light brown colour goes on. Some fading might also help alter the tone to a cooler one.

No comments:

Post a Comment