Friday 18 December 2020

Christmas Is Upon Us!


Well as is tradition here on the blog it's time for the festive message and a look back on a very peculiar year. It all started rather well with Stonehenge modellers attending On track down in Folkestone but then went completely tits up with the coming of Covid 19. Model shows were cancelled everywhere and I was confined to barracks!

A golden opportunity to just build models I thought but it didn't pan out like that at all. A serious lack of modelling mojo struck and I was completely bored being at home all the time. So in July I started a new job as a range warden on Salisbury Plain which has given me some much needed focus and social interaction. It's also been a source of immense pleasure as I get to see and go to places only the military have access to and enjoy the amazing countryside and wildlife that are unique to the area.

The mojo came back as did another bloody lockdown and before I knew it December was here! What will the new year hold? Well I hope I can actually go on holiday at some point and attend model shows if we ever get back to a normal existence as I really missed our usual Belgium trip and associated piss up  with friends.  

Fingers crossed and I hope you all enjoyed the blog this year. As usual I have many ideas floating around but again as usual that's subject to the vagaries of new releases and my changing interests. So a happy Christmas to you all and thanks as ever for supporting the blog with your comments and visits.






     

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for all the posts; I really enjoy seeing the progression of each build. I've built several of the models you've shown them here (Takom fork lift, CSM Lanchester and a few others). And, there was one or two I built already that you also built. My building skills are advanced but painting and weather are probably intermediate at best (not my forte). FYI, I'm in upstate NY. Happy Christmas to you also - looking forward to all the upcoming builds in 2021.

    I'm currently building the Roden M43 Ambulance (not the best kit (fit, ejector pin marks) but workable).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a happy Creative and healthy 2021! Crossing fingers for "No more lockdowns"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best Wishes to you & yours for Christmas Pete, & hope to be seeing you & Brian a bit more often in 2021!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks gents here's hoping 2021 will be a better year!

    ReplyDelete