Friday 28 September 2018

AIFV Milan, Leopard 2A4 & M3 Stuart All Finished!

With some serious bench time under my belt I've now finished off all three of my builds with plenty of time before the Belgian show next week. First up is the AIFV milan. I'm very pleased with how this turned out, especially with my experiment with the netting which I think really sets the model in its context of a stealthy tank hunter. As ever a big thank you must go to my Belgian friends, Guy for supplying the extremely rare and hard to come by Verlinden figures and Marc Mercier for his expert knowledge yet again regarding the modern Belgian army. 






Next to be finished was the Meng Leopard 2A4 which I built for a group build on the modellers haven online forum. I really enjoyed the kit and it was nice to paint the three colour scheme after a very long gap. It's certainly got me thinking of further Bundeswehr models I have in the stash. The miniart crew was also a nice relatively cheap addition which makes all the difference to the finished build.







And finally tamiya's superb new M3 Stuart late production. This as you know became a bit of a speed build as it is in my opinion so good. I'm really impressed with the finesse of this kit, it just ticks all the right boxes for me. It's simple to build and has great detail. I finished off the base and the model with a misting of good old tamiya buff and that's it.






So I can now relax for a while and do a serious bit of bench cleaning and admin which will probably take a week judging by the state of the man cave right now!


3 comments:

  1. Very nice job for these three sisters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job on these bud! You have been busy. I wish I could build as quickly!

    ReplyDelete