Sunday 23 September 2018

Tamiya M3 Stuart In Matt & Base Building

After a couple more slightly darker pin washes around the details and a bit of oil dot fading & streaking the model is now in it's matt varnish. At this stage I've also fixed the hull and turret guns in place but still have the upper and lower hulls loose. I'm really pleased with the variations in tone of the main colour and the washes etc which have really defined and enhanced the details on it.

Final weathering I think will just consist of a light dusting of tamiya buff and a tiny amount of pigments on the upper hull, I just don't want to hide all that lovely detail. I've also sorted the groundwork for the Leo & AIFV bases, as I only had a small amount of VMS smart mud left I used this on the leopard base as I have a cunning plan for the final display. The AIFV base was the usual mix of plaster powder, white glue and some colouring. 

 A small tamiya base for the stuart has also been prepped which is curing after a coat of lacquer over some black primer on the sides of the base. Still with a couple of weeks until Belgium I'm well on course to have them all finished and clean up the bench for the next project as well! 









No comments:

Post a Comment