Thursday 6 September 2018

Flecktarn Fun

Today I've started painting the leopard crew using acrylic colours. It's been a long time since I last painted flecktarn, back then I was using enamels so I took my time and used an old pair of combat trousers & pictures from the web to get a decent representation of the pattern.

Starting with the light green I used AK3063 Waffen spring/summer light green spots. Next vallejo 830 German field grey went on. This was followed by vallejo 301 light rust then vallejo 823 Luftwaffe cam green with a drop or two of vallejo 979 German cam dark green and finally vallejo 950 black. 

As you can see the pattern is made up of three different greens so the trick is to apply each colour sparingly. Once all the colours are on I then go back over and correct or improve the pattern so it looks right to me. With a dark wash later all the colours will tone down nicely as well.




1 comment:

  1. I need to get me one of these to wear at work :) !

    Regards Magnus

    ReplyDelete