Thursday, 16 March 2017

Trumpeter Husky Progress

Progress on the husky is going well and I've now added the anti slip seen on late vehicles. After lots of taping and masking fluid and plenty of patience I sprayed the areas of anti slip using rustoleum. Only a couple of light passes sprayed from some distance were needed. On removing the masking a nice neat finish is evident. The rustoleum produces a nice texture which is just right under primer and paint.

I've also addressed the sloppy fitting rubber wheels and hubs in my kit by finding a suitable resin replacement set from real models. These have the correct hub pattern and will look much better than the kit items.

Now I must give the airbrush a good clean before starting the paintwork on the gama, jagdpanther & US staff car.

No comments:

Post a Comment