Thursday 23 July 2015

Somua Base Work

I've been working on the base over the last few days and here I've used the small plastic base from tamiya and some of their new diorama sheet material. The base was primed first then I simply cut a section of the sheet to fit and fixed to the base using spray mount. Once cured a shot of matt black was sprayed on followed by a gloss coat.

Today I've picked out the cobbles using various vallejo colours of grey, green, sand, brown & black. The cobbles are slightly raised so it's easy to pick them out with a brush. I like the effect especially the fan shape. 

I'll give it a coat of matt varnish next to seal it then attack with pigments to finish it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment