Onto the Somua again and I've started all the detail painting on this. The tools received a coat of dark yellow for the wooden portions then a coat of oil paint. After about 15 minutes I then used a brush to remove the excess. Whilst I had the oils out I gave the figures jacket a coat of black then removed the excess as above.
The rest of the detail painting then took no time at all and I'm particularly pleased with the tarp on the rear hull. The details have really popped on this. Straps on the tarp and bins were picked out with vallejo leather belt. Some chipping will be added next but this will be the bare minimum around hatches and the tow points.