Wednesday 13 August 2014

Working The Land

I've now taken the plunge and obtained an allotment from my town council here in Devizes. I have been thinking about more ways to keep active and get plenty of fresh air and this hopefully will be a good way of achieving my aims. And most importantly eventually providing lots of fresh veg for the table. The plot is bigger than I thought it would be but nothing I can't manage if I take my time.
Some serious weed digging is on the cards as well as soil turning but this is the ideal time of year to start as hopefully come next spring it should be all ready to start planting. Looking forwards to it as I've always enjoyed gardening and growing veg.





A barren landscape and my little shed!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! It is terrific! You know, I like to visit my wife's parents house not far from my town. And the best to get up at 0700, go out to the garden with hot bread with butter and sausage with only picked scallion. Delicious!

    ReplyDelete