Thursday 13 February 2020

Cave Cleaning, Picture Hanging & Back With The Sherman.

With the truck dio finished the cave was in dire need of a damn good clean as there was crap everywhere. I even organised my diorama bits and pieces in new storage boxes. Warning, the following picture may cause distress to those of a sensitive disposition! 


Whilst digging around in my cupboards I found a frame I bought ages ago with the intention of mounting my medals. As I will never wear them I thought putting them in a frame was better than leaving them forgotten in a draw somewhere. It was very straightforward to do and I think they look pretty good. It's only taken me 15 months to sort out!


I also sorted out a frame for a print I have and hung it on the cave wall. Love the print as it reminds me of fishing when I was in Minnesota.


So this afternoon I cracked on with the sherman again and started the detail painting. I'll also add a bit of chipping to the model but not too much. 




I doubt I will start a new project until after the On Track show on the 22nd. However I'm off down to the Bovington model show this Sunday just as a punter so you never know! 

1 comment: